Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Elliott Kimmel

 

 
About: Elliott Kimmel

By day, I am a high school science teacher (www.zerobio.com). But at any other time, you can find me in the studio writing songs and recording.

I am primarily a singer/guitar player but I try to squeeze some music out of any instrument that I encounter.

My earliest musical influences were singers like Tom Jones and Paul Anka. They set the bar high for me right from the start.

In songwriting, I feel that the melody and lyrics are equally important. Both need to be great to have a great song. When I'm writing a song, once the melody is firmly entrenched, I will spend as long as it takes (hours, days, weeks?) to get the lyrics to where I want them. I want each line of the lyrics to advance the story of the song in a meaningful way.

So here's what I do: step away from the music for a moment and say the lyrics out loud. I don't sing them, I speak them and ask myself, "Do they tell an intelligent story? Are they interesting enough on their own, without music?" If so, then with the right melody they will be dynamite lyrics.

I could go on talking about myself but you know what ... why don't you check out my music, that really is the best way to introduce myself to you. And if you like what you hear, please consider purchasing a song or two.

“Elliott Kimmel is one of YouTube’s Biggest and Brightest Emerging Stars!” ~ Stewart Brennan - World United Music

 
 



















 






















Elliott Kimmel – Official Website
Elliott Kimmel - Reverbnation
Elliott Kimmel – Facebook
Elliott Kimmel – World United Music
Videos!
Elliott Kimmel  - YouTube Channel
Buy Music
Elliott Kimmel – CD Baby
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Best Music of 2021

World United Music Promotions

Progressive Rock – (2015 to 2019)

Progressive Rock – (2020 to 2021)

Rhythm and Blues – (2000 to 2019)

Psychedelic, Alternative, New Wave, Dark Wave – (2000 to 2019)

Psychedelic, Alternative, New Wave, Dark Wave – (2020 to 2029)

Rock, Alternative - (2010 to 2019)

Rock, Alternative – (2020 to 2021)

Soft Rock, Lite Rock, Alternative – (2010 to 2019)

Soft Rock, Lite Rock, Alternative – (2020 to 2021)

Pop Rock – (2000 to 2019)

Pop Rock - (2020 to 2021)

Folk Rock, Acoustic – (2010 to 2019)

Folk Rock, Acoustic – (2020 to 2021)

Hard Rock, Heavy Metal – (2000 to 2019)

Punk Rock, High Energy Rock n Roll – (2000 to 2019)

Southern Rock, Alt Country – (2000 to 2019)

Classic, New Age Classic

New Age Alternative

Ambient, Electronic, Relaxation

Music for the Revolutionary Mind